ST. JAMES LUTHERAN SCHOOL'S MISSION
AND PURPOSE STATEMENT
Mission of St. James Lutheran Ministry:
Connecting People to the Love of Jesus Christ in our families, our community, and our world.
We believe the purpose of St. James Lutheran School is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ
and provide a Christian Education.
St. James Lutheran School is concerned with all the needs of the child including spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional.
A. In developing spiritual potential St. James strives to guide the child to:
- recognize himself/herself as a child of God.
- acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of God and His love and enable the child to become a lifelong learner.
B. In developing intellectual potential, St. James School guides the child to:
- acquire the knowledge and skills taught in the elementary curriculum.
- develop an inquiring mind, thinking skills, and effective study habits.
- evaluate knowledge and experience according to his/her Christian faith.
C. In developing physical potential, St. James School guides the child to:
- regard his/her body as God's creation.
- learn the physical skills and habits essential for healthy development.
D. In developing social-emotional potential, St. James School guides the child to:
- develop a positive self-image.
- develop personal responsibility.
- develop caring relationships by understanding the rights, privileges, and individual differences of others.
- respect the authority of home, school, and government.